Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spring comes again

As everyone knows, the season of allergies is upon us again. The chill has not completely left but there are sprouts growing in every avenue. From hair to bean sprouts and noodle eating and nine ball, it seems that spring came while I am still sleeping.

This time, I am awakened by happenings within my company that made me decide to chart out a few routes which lead to a few hard choices to be made. Ultimately, these choices are inevitable, but it is now pushed forward by what I consider unfortunate mix of misdirected beliefs and misplaced trusts. Frankly, these were within my calculations but unfortunately, everyone were dragged through the mud way too long.

Well, Spring meant beginnings and I start to look at things with an added insight of my Green Card, especially when I did not think I need to decide my future this early. I have been procrastinating and just passing time as if I'm playing a game way too long. It also meant that soccer season is nearing an end, which bores me a lot.

Amidst my planning, fresh calls of emergency came from Singapore again. Frankly, things are not on red alert yet, but we definitely do not want "casualties" , so better safe than sorry. Called a few friends, inquired for insights and advice. Quite excited actually. Short term, same company. Long term, MBA plus plus. Mid term, need more money and actual recognition.

I'm definitely trying to prevent my dad from having to join the hordes of cab drivers out on the streets trying to earn that extra bit of living. Unfortunately, I am hindered by a few arrowheads on my back. Either way, I have a direction, and I am excited to awake from my mental slumber.

No comments: