Sunday, April 25, 2010

Novel Reboot

Ah, finally found time to look at the many things I want to do while I clean up my place. My room specifically. This time, I mapped out things I want to do, broke them into phases and earmarked to put more effort into planning them. Among the many things are: looking for a PhD program, looking for a MBA program, looking for a new car, looking for a new place and looking for a new idea. Well, didn't see a novelty here so here's an added item, completing my novel through the steps I noted above.

I was back to the drawing board, in my head, placing what and where the characters are and nothing seemed to change. I think I was sure with the setting right from the start but my style was not good enough. Of course, it is getting better by the day and I think following the track I gave myself would put it in very good shape.

Right now, I have reworked most of the main characters' roles, penned it and should be moving on to the settings next. I hope to get cracking and continue my writing soon. One thing of note is that as we get close to 2012, we are seeing a lot of movies and scripts about the supernatural end of days. Naturally, all things die, but aren't we making too much out of it? Furthermore, I was going to play a pun on that idea in my writing.

Of note is 2012, the movie, which has a good concept of what might happen, but I think it was exaggerated. Basically, it recreation of Pompeii and The Great Flood, which is indescribably bad. Yes, it is possible for one to happen, yes, it is possible for both to happen, but the idea of creating a super shocker event to show that "humanity will prevail" is probably why the dinosaurs was sunbathing when the meteor dropped on them. Well, I made that up.

The truth is, there is one line that is good and the rest of the movie is bad, even the events that came after that good line. "The moment we stop fighting for each other, that's the moment we lose our humanity". Unfortunately, like I said, that is the only good thing about the movie. Frankly, it is a one line movie and nothing else. I would rate it 3/10 for wasting too much time on graphics and having bad acting and storyline. Well, there are good movies out there, just a lot of bad ones to swamp the market of our worthy attention. Well, I will update again soon. Very soon I hope.

No comments: