Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Smash and .... smash some more

Just a quick update from my online absence. Actually, just blogger absence.

I'm out of breath from my latest new low in stocks. Down near 30% after the market defied the downturn. Still holding though with the few points of note:
  1. Fed rubbishes all USD to save its pride by downing rate to technical zero
  2. Hedge funds unconstitutionally, illegally and irresponsibly suspends redemption. If the fund previously allows anytime redemption and now suspends it, it falls in this group
  3. Madoff, enough said. I actually admire his guts and realization that he pulled off something a lot of corrupt officials have not been able to. Only bad is that the charities are hit too, which is TOTALLY the charities' fault. I would recommend legal action against the misuse of charitable funds.
  4. Auto bailout. Enough protectionism already. Foreign companies hires Americans too.
  5. Obama's mystical powers at work. His wow factor is killing me more than helping me. Then again, I will thank him if I still have continuous income ten years from now.
Well, not all are gloomy for shorts, but I'll rather focus my creativity on my story book. Stuck and stuck, and too much action. I need more substance in the story, which I have but cannot really express it in words. Unfortunately, formulae don't work here.

No comments: