Sunday, October 19, 2008

Losses aplenty...but hasn't it rained already?

Economic analysis seemed more associated with my work than any other things recently, and frankly, my losses never seem to narrow. Stocks, football, market sentiment and more football. Nothing but red all over. The thing is, the storm has started long ago and only now have the people realized that the governments around the world, most particularly in USA, has been sleeping on their job?

Hedging losses and building a solid financial foundation through savings and physical asset management is probably the thing for the long term. Irresponsible actions such as lending and borrowing has been the root of the current crisis. Not to mention that, people are allowed to say things without proof. The "right to offend" is what I tend to hear more than I like. I prefer the right to defend. If a financial analyst thinks a stock is bad, then he/she should back it up with economic reasoning, with a bit of sentiment on its future and not just 5 sentences to sum up the upgrade/downgrade. That is what CNBC is notorious for, but well, there are also many others.

The thing is not to pile on pessimism and pray for the end. Rather I think people should go out and work to the end. Frankly, doomsday can come any day anyway. Who can say that earth will not cease to exist? I tend to hear more pessimistic people shouting for others like myself to be more optimistic. I feel that talking and not doing makes them nothing better than what Linda in "Burn After Reading". It's a hyperbole, but films like that tend to mock what people does in real life. That's why I think these films are pretty good reflections of human behaviors.

Anyway, I'm not going to do a morality related speech. Everton lost to Arsenal, which is more expected than not. My corporate soccer team lost to Quintiles and their cute chick goalkeeper. My friends said that the cute chick goalkeeper is good, but my back is bad so I can't test it myself. Anyway, my form has not returned. Neither has my fitness so I'm not going to blame myself playing badly on anything else.

That is what I feel is what should be how people should deal with things. Act responsibly and solve the problems. I also found the line "The Buck Stops Here". That is how leaders (and eventually heroes) should be known for. Not some one play plus trashing talking overpaid sportsmen. If the world starts acting responsibly, most problems will end. Not all problems, not especially the most interesting ones about life.

No comments: