Friday, June 20, 2008

What a bear...

Actually, there was quite a few exciting things these week, but the bad overwhelmed the good. While I have been losing money in stocks, this is the worst week. Well, to be frank, I had a good run that upped my little gadget expenditure a bit. Made about 100 dollars.

I even got myself a new laptop due to come by first week of July. I wanted to make preparations to give my laptop to my parents. I can give them a new one, but they always say they don't need it...Well, I'll still give them mine, since I doubt tech will go any faster and fatter at this rate...

What made it bad?

Of course, the bear market! This is a heavy losing week. I'm only playing percentages, but heck, I should be more careful! Anyway, I probably erred on the side of being too careful...But unlike Singapore, they are only starting to jail the finance executives that created the bad funds to get money for themselves, and one even managed to become a fugitive...MEANING HE ACTUALLY GOT AWAY...

Well, we don't really get to punish a lot of these people in Singapore, but regulations and laws are supposed to make things work for general economy. The rich can get richer, the poor may get poorer, but if no one gets to work, who gets the money? Even the rich won't. Those people who wants less regulations can go ahead and cry all they want, like Kudlow. They messed up so many people's lives, they deserve worse than jail time.

If there is no regulation, there is no moderation, nor consideration to human life if needed. No one wants to hurt others? From what I see, since most people don't care about what happen to others, they don't really care if they hurt others as well, as long as they don't "know" it. Even if it is obviously morally wrong.

The other side. Italy beat the French toast left behind by the Dutch. Now, that's kind of sickening to me. I rather Romania in the quarterfinals than the Italians. If they cut down their diving and focus on making goals with open plays, I'll have been more friendly towards their game. Unfortunately, class, skill and flair aren't the basic elements of their game. I did tell an Italian-American, Baggio was the last great player they have. Well, maybe with Di Canio, but Di Canio was not a national team regular.

One more destabilizing piece of news. Promotions. They come, but they went to the wrong people this time round. My company have the knack of giving people promotions in the wrong manner. Skillset, timeframe and whatever you can think of. That's out of the window. It's about favoritism. Well, not exactly that all the time, but if a more capable person has to take the elevator up with the rest of the crew, why should one be allowed to take the helicopter at others' expense? My boss probably need to answer this question of mine soon...There are some unfair things I can take, but not those done in a gross manner.

Now, the good part. Germany beat Portugal fair and square. Russia beat Sweden with enough time left for a smoke break. Turkey displayed the passion for the game. Hey, soccer is a low scoring game most of the time, but if people play it correctly, it is way better than most other sports. The only problem? It has a high inertia in terms of its rules.

Anyway, I'm into Chapter Eight. That's like one every month with a spurt of two more this month. If my production increases more drastically and get the level of help I need, maybe I can publish it before 2010!

No comments: