Sunday, April 20, 2008

Menacing Phamtoms of Luck

The week started with Everton 5th, 5 points from Liverpool. Midweek match with Chelsea, Everton rolled over, and Liverpool is now 8 points away. Realistically, I know Champions League is a dream ticket for Everton, but by chasing them, Everton will at least be 5th. Now, we have to watch the chasing Villa, assuming Portsmouth wins the FA Cup. That does not give a competitive edge to us.

Come Thursday, I was eyeing Google. I probably should have kept faith in it, but a report that morning came saying Google's ad-click business is down. Well, needless to say, Google ended the day down after that report. And as history came to be, Google recorded a 20% share's price increase in a night. Well, thats how news affect the market. Well, is that ad-click report for real? Hmmm...Of course, I'll just consider it a missed opportunity. My friend did inform me that the credibility of the "reporting" company is bad with its numbers. Well, their share price didn't go down that much. At least, I'm almost breaking even now, after a small bullish run. Not too good if you look from my perspective.

Now, if things could get worse, it will be a bad weekend. No stocks, no work, Everton does not play, Liverpool's win is expected. What can be worse? Pistons lost to 76ers. What?! They did not trail by more than 5 points and LOST! Now, explain how that can happen if the coach makes right changes in time...And a championship seeking team could not have done worse. At least there are 3 more games to make it right, if they still want to win. Garnet...darn, the only player I wanted in Pistons ever. Now, I can only admire Boston for their great steal, and turnaround. If they win, I could at least say, he did go to a championship team. Just not the Pistons.

No comments: