Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Burn, burn, burn

After exiting my first ever position in Pfizer and taking a 20% loss from my input, my view of how the "helpful" tips from the investing world is really helping me lose money instead of making them is, of course, more negative than positive. Of course, I have been aware that there is always a conflict of interest if the investment bankers are always spot on. Still, I can't help feeling misguided, if not "cheated", by the information that lead me to making that "BUY" decision.

I took the less taken path and got some back, but still, I recovered about less than half of it. And the stock markets are as volatile as usual, but I'm happy, my testosterone level was not inflated by that mere dollar I make after losing more than a hundred of it. It does show that I can't make a little money out of a little money. I didn't play big, so perhaps that why? I think that will be a bad excuse if the "help" is supposedly as good as it should be.

Anyway, Pistons burned into the Sixers today. That is a bit too late since now they have to play two games away. Burning them again in Philadelphia is a lot harder than in Detroit. Flip either needs better help come playoff time or Joe needs someone else, which I always disagreed. But I do agree with Flip shooters, Flip's playoff record does not do him well, especially after three season. I do like his regular season record. Hope he translate that into playoff wins fast.

No comments: