Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Good stories don't always need good endings

As I probably let some people know, I'm trying to write a story book. For one that doesn't read, that is tough. In fact, my auditors have admitted to having problems with my essay. As least its not the topic, so it could be worth selling. In fact, my originality has been given the thumbs up, so the only things left is to put the two hands firmly into making it.

Today, I saw "CSI". Well, everyone knows I watch "CSI", but the rerun of "The Unusual Suspect" does add to my entertainment. The problem with a long story is that all good things must end. I peeked at the episode where the genius girl came back into the scene and, it was just a typical end, and often not very "reality" reality. It would be interesting to see if intelligent plots can be made out of her. Of course, that's a long shot. I'm also very interested to see how they are going to end up with the miniature killer, but well, I read everything on Wikipedia. Darn, quite smart but not beautiful of an act. I do have to say that other than "Monk", I watch "CSI" most and I don't have any complaints other than watching reruns.

Anyway, I think it is quite impossible to create a repeating villain like the comics. One, reality does not really permit it. Two, it does get boring over time. But I think I'll have a few recurring villains in my story. Time to induce some fun, since I'm very bored and angry about losing money in the brokerage. My portfolio is amateur but no one likes losing money over nothing, especially when one and only one brick fell off.

Of course, my story, which started some time ago was not at the first chapter. In fact, I have two chapters and going into my third! I even thought of a prologue, but I can't find a way to connect the prologue to the first chapter. Well, things will work out! I need to get a book agent and marketing plan first.

No comments: