Tuesday, May 06, 2008

How To (Fail To) Teach A Road Rageress How To Drive...

Today, I met the the worst type of civilized driver I have ever met. Even the punks I met before act better. It's a driver, so needless to say, it's on the road. And from the header, it's a woman. I've seen many good female drivers, so she definitely sullied their good name. That good name is an important view I maintain despite this incident and, of course, many bad remarks I heard about female drivers.

I regard safety as rule number one of driving. Something I learned before my ten years of driving. That's more than a third of my life. Dude. That sums up everything about me obeying traffic rules. But there is a second one, respect. Being a public property, I definitely respect other drivers when I am on the road, like giving way, allow pedestrians to cross.

So for me, I decided to whine a bit here because of one thing. I am nice. Too nice. I allowed the offender to tell her story and she decided to bark at the top of her voice at me and disrespect me. Guess what. She did not bother to see what I saw. In fact, she refused. Now, that is a brute and crude way of doing things. As a man who believe that chivalry exist, I must say, chivalry does not seem to be something treasured by women nowadays I guess. Strange. They always say there aren't too many good men. Of course, this woman was one of a few of the entire planet that gave me that view of course. I know of women who like and have nice guys, so seriously, I am just letting out a bit.

If traffic rules was her reason, this was what she said. "There is the stop sign". "I saw you trying to pass me". "There are kids around". This is what I saw. No signal light. Repeated hard braking. She goes to the right. Sudden hard left turn, it would have to be a ninety degree left turn to nearly enter a right entrance and come back to the left. Stop in the middle of the three way junction. And the best part. My car was always behind hers, behind the stop sign. Near my apartment!?!

Maybe she did not see that I also turned left after she parked her car. Maybe she is frustrated after a day of work and wanted to bark at someone. Maybe her pet dog was not so obedient. So, she decided to start barking from her car, came all the way to my car and continue barking. I definitely would rate her a man in terms of ferocity and threatening. Given I don't ever want to own a gun, I definitely fear for my safety. I was considering calling police for road rage and harassment for getting bitten for my kind intentions of teaching her what she should consider first. Safety. No signal. Blocking the road. Hard braking. Hard left turn. I don't know what she saw as overtaking, but if my car was behind hers (and the stop line) before and after she saw me and stopped, what's her point? She is from Speed Racer? Now, that movie is bad for teaching safety. I feel funny eSurance is actually having an advertisement for it. Talk about irony.

Well, that's it. I saw Boston beat Cleveland in Game One. I'm pretty satisfied. Of course, I want Boston to go to Game Seven so Detroit can get a lot of rest if they beat Orlando early. And I hope San Antonio and Utah will force Game Seven too. I'm just a fan. A fanatic fan. But I still have my brain and eyes on the road when I drive. All the time when I am on the road. Safety. Now, that is what traffic rules and stop signs are for. Saving human lives from reckless and unreasonable people and not to ruin another person's day.

No comments: