Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Carnivore Rising

I wanted to post earlier but had some issues. Bad tummy, play video games, bad tummy, house cleaning and bad tummy. I think it is either my breakfast schedule of milk and cereals or my increased intake of food, or both. Anyway, this is a problem sooner or later, so I think it is time to kick out the bad. BTW, there won't be a mention of the word carnivore again other than this. I eat mainly meat, or fish.

Lots of changes in my company and news is that there is no bonus for everyone. To be frank, as a corporate, that sends out a very bad message, and it is contradictory to the fact of the company making profit. The reason I hear is that we did not meet target growth, which over the course of time is proven to be not very true since the company have worked with hyper inflated expectations. Of course, I wasn't affected but that shook morale of a newcomer real bad. Still, I'm not too flustered by the bonus issue. I hope to build a career here and exceeding target growth is a good way to prove my worth. The problem now is that I'm stumbling a lot, but I got good company. My colleagues are willing to help and I am very very grateful of that.

Speaking of good company, I was advised to metamorphose, and I'm in the process of doing that. I think my colleagues are right about speeding it up. I think I'm sick of being the beaten guy from Raleigh. I felt broken when I left grad school and I intend to drop all that behind and start something new. Of course, I think I do have the tendency to fall back to bad habits, but without trying, who knows. Anyway, I don't know what the future holds.

Anyway, Spring is coming, which is also a good time for my makeover. I started with a haircut and a new shirt from Singapore. I also cleared my table to house my work and personal laptop and got myself a 7 port USB hub. OK, I know, I'm a multiple
peripheral demon. I can't help it. I'm such a sucker for cute tech items.

Oh, before I conclude that Spring is here, the weather has a nice way of reminding me that I am up north, but having making me go another weekend under freezing point. This weekend! Darn. Snow princess didn't visit me again since the last snow drizzle, and shouldn't be for this weekend, but still, the freeze is still not over...

**Edit: Based on the trailer and reviews I saw about Hannibal Rising, it sucks...so sad