Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bad Choc Down

I finally have my medical check up. My tummy issues have been a big problem for years. The only difference is that it had been out of control since I came to USA. Total disaster. I thought I might have been awake through the check but I actually immediately fall asleep for the sedation. Anyway, that was really fast, cause the moment I woke up, everything was done. Wow! I don't want to go back for it anyway. Its the first time I have to be on a hospital bed. I was last lying on a medical bed was when I was given a drip for high fever by two amateur army medics who had to go through the process of trial and error of finding my veins. Obviously, they didn't succeed so they need to wheel in a veteran medic.

So as celebration, I have been eating chocolate for two days after that. I think I need to watch my diet. This black, sweet and obviously fatty chocolate clumping up my stomach walls. *Vomit* So I spent the next two days, which happens to be a weekend playing computer games, and do nothing, not even eat.

The week is ok. Quite busy, but the good part is I have a modeling assignment. The next good thing is that there is no iron dead line. Luckily its not for some big project but it is important too. Hmm, stats. Anyway, more work typically means more business. Hopefully, that is true in practice.

Anyway, we had a celebration for a colleague moving on for his career and he's going to Singapore. What! Why is everyone going to Singapore when I'm not back there yet? Sigh. My colleagues ask that of me as well but I think the earliest is August, during mooncake festival. Why? Harvest celebrations! Not really in modern times, but good food! USA mooncakes are plain lousy. Got ripped off for lousy mooncakes in NC. Ok, even if there is better chinese foods here, I'm skeptical. Yes, very skeptical.

Oh, back to bed...