Sunday, September 17, 2006

26th Week 40

Another week gone. A pretty busy one as well. I messed up more things than I last messed up. Things are going like a whirlwind of terror. Things get worse, and nothing seems to be getting back on the right track. I feel very upset, especially that now there is no one who can even try to lift my spirits...

I had a phone interview for a job in Chicago, but the problem was that they want to hire someone immediately. Sigh. Another opportunity gone. I chatted with Hilary, and she said "leave it to fate". Unfortunately, while I agree that is so, I am unable to sit still till I get things done. It seems like everyone is telling me the same thing! I can't help it! I'm me! Anyway, it's not like I'm heading to for the other world yet. I might feel like it, but I'll work harder to make things work. I took my foot off the padel sometimes, so I'll need to work on it to make sure my effort goes all the way to the end.

Carl was back to his old self. He seems quieter when the new students are here, but guess what, this week, he's back to his nonchalant self. Asking me about funding seems bad enough, and rubbing on it by insisting on pursuing the topic. Although he mentions that it was not his intent, but it didn't matter. It made things worse. Be it good or bad intent, it had a negative impact. Not that I'm not expecting it anyway.

Finally, bad luck runs miles beyond good luck. Things are getting dirty and spoilt at my place, and it was not supposed to be spoilt. Good things better come soon, resistance to depression can only last a while.