Sunday, July 23, 2006

26th Week 32

Hectic week. Work work work. Well, not really all work, but I do feel unwell in the middle of the week due to lack of sleep. How do I know? After I sleep more, it went fine! Everything that we do not know is answered through trial and error! Well, that's the thing I feel Vandread highlighted well.

The monthly bill is here, and if anyone hoped Alex will be ever helpful and generous, nope, no way.
This month's bill summed up to a whopping hundred, and the lamps, yes, I thought he would consider a parting gift. Well, not that I was expecting. I was just waiting for a total bill anyway. For one who shops Whole Foods more than I go to Food Lion, he certainly is more money concious than I thought. He probably is picky when dealing with a foreigner like myself. At least he didn't try funny tricks, which is good. Number of times we went shopping grocery, one, number of times he helped me when I'm stranded, none. Even Sarah rushed to my aid when I needed help.

Well, comparing Sarah to him is unfair to Sarah. She is very nice, full stop. Her birthday is coming soon, but the typical "Dennis is slow and blur" stunt didn't work this time, so we'll be seeing how we shall go out together openly for her birthday, ahem, with some other classmates. Hm, no element of surprise, how atypical of me. Well, I guess I'm actually used to it. I was never romantic to begin with, and I think they are used to me acting conveniently blur most of the time.

I shot myself in the foot this week when I agreed to help out in doing some OT. By the time I am about to go to work, I'm half asleep and really prefer to "work" my sleeping more. Anyway, I did spend six hours on work on Saturday, but I think I might have done some revision if not for that. Who knows. And, I did not do any revision this week, so I am safe to assume that everyone is way ahead of me. Boohoo...failure on my qualifier is on the cards...

More things to cry about. I realised that I am being taxed heavily for my work. For some reason, the school is putting my work as a fellowship, and while it is logical in some ways, this is another classic example of "how much I think the school have helped me" with me slapping the payslip right in the middle. I working my butt off to fund my tuition fees, and I get taxed more than what I should be! They are taxing me way more than what they should if they treat me as a working student. Now, I work hard and get ripped off again. Yes, AGAIN. The school helped me? When? I think I'm sick of this. I can work hard for less, not for nothing. Now, I don't even get treated at the very the least that I worked hard for. Silly, just plain silly.