Sunday, July 09, 2006

26th Week 30

Germany 2006 came to a close. Against all odds, scandal hit Italy won its fourth gold star. To be frank, I really rather France won it. The fact that Italy had some dubious ways of winning games seems to annoy me a lot. Still, I'm not taking anything away from a valid win. They did not dive in the box this time. They won they game when Trazeguet, who played in Italy missed his penalty. Coincidence? Buffon was beaten, and the ball still landed outside the goal.

The game is marked by the sending off of Zidane. Unfortunate scenario, and pretty anti-climatic. The build up for the grand finale of his career, and he ended his legacy with a headbutt, right in the middle of Materazzi's chest. Materazzi was sent off in Australia's match and has been a avid red card collector, yet, he is the "victim". Wonder what have been more ironical in a boring World Cup.

This post is late by three weeks, which is also a bad thing. One has to realise that I do not have that much time on my graduate lifespan, and that prompted me to work harder. Work is typical. Not the most fantastic "start" to my career, but since it provides some means of covering my tuition, I'll try to give them my best while being given the simplest of tasks. One thing though, I tend to be careless which is a very visible shortcoming when you consider that most of the work I do at the moment is proofreading. Yeah, with a sleepy head. And a busy schedule. And a less than co-operative scenario in school.

I was able to remember / find out that the weekend is Stephanie's birthday. I was not able to do anything of course. Penniless due to the long cash drought. Lack of preparation time. Also, I don't really know her that super well. We do go out in group outings, so I thought I try to find something to work, which of course fizzled as my mind shut down due to lack of sleep. I did at least let her know that I know her birthday, which is some meagre action on my part. Still, Happy Birthday, Steph!