Sunday, June 11, 2006

26th Week 26

This week is the start of the World Cup. Every World Cup is a huge thing in Singapore. Of all places I can be during a World Cup, I'm in USA, the country that never had a huge following for the World Cup to begin with. I do hear a few people interested in watching it but there is only one or two. You have to minus the foreigners here since Luciano and his Brazilian friends are definitely going to watch every match if ever possible.

Anyway, besides that, there are a few things that are more worrisome. I'm getting broke, my car is not getting well, and I can't get both problems solved. The thing is, I need to prepare for my Master's exam while I try to fix all these. I spoke to my graduate director about it and it seems like I must pass the exam no matter what. It was like I could die but I must pass the exam nonetheless. Sounds bad, wait till you see my other struggles. It wasn't supposed to be that bad, but some things just never change for the better, at least in the near future.

I took my car for a fix on Monday and found a leak that is about a nail's length by Friday. It could be worst, but I am trying to figure out what the cause it. I have the cram-shaft oil seal changed and it is still leaking. The worry is that the fuel injector cleaner is tha cause, but many say it can't be. I hope they are right, but I'll just be a bit more careful about it. I guess I should stop using it after so much controversy. It has not been really helpful and not that much useful to begin with anyway.

The week was boring and not much have been positively entertaining. Since I need to busy myself with work for the exams, I doubt there is any time left for entertainment. I do hear Carl did much more preparation last year at this time. Funny that he needed twice to pass. I'm more busy than him, other stuff to worry about and definitely the money issue is a much more powerful deterrent in my case. Oh, I did say my phrase to my director. "Life is unfair, yeah, but if it is consistently so, it is fair". I do hope the system can be more one dimensional, so that it can be transparent to all.

I probably would not spend much time on NBA anymore, since World Cup is here. My week with respect to soccer isn't any much better. News that two players hint that they would consider moves from Everton when they are highly regarded, plus the fact that Everton bought good players to complement the team. It is sheer bad stuff. I do hope its another classic misquote scenario. The reports borders on facts that applies to everyone, so it wasn't such a bad thing, but to even have it is bad. The "good" surprise is that Germany had a scoring spree. They still stand the chance of an outsider to win the tournament, but its a pleasant surprise. Other teams mannged only three goals or less, not to mention England's miserable need for an own goal to win. The World Cup started badly in my opinion, Argentina and Ivory Coast probably provided the better match, but otherwise, I'm pretty ok that I can't watch it anyway.