Sunday, June 04, 2006

26th Week 25

My car is in trouble again. Oil leak everywhere. Performance hit an all time low, well, slightly lower than it started out to be. I am told by AAA that it will cost at least another 800 bucks for it. I might as well get a new car. That took a lot of energy off me immediately and I almost wanted to die, since I have no more money for such things. I woke my dad up in the middle of the night to ask the very important questions, and guess what, it turns out that it is probably a small problem and AAA blew it up by replacing a new part for it.

I later took it to another mechanic, who is the one who sold me the car to begin with. He checked it and turns out that it should be less than that. He quoted me 250 bucks, which includes replacing some other minor details like water pump and timing belt. I wanted to do it immediately but I decided to let another mechanic check it before making a decision. In the end, he said the same thing, except that he did not do an actual thorough inspection. Well, I guess I'll let the seller fix it for me, since its better that way. I may not buy any more cars from him, but sticking to one mechanic is better than not.

The week turned out to be a super low morale week for me. I did get some good news about a Financial Mathematics Masters, which allowed me to have lots of flexibility to finish the program, but it was the actual program that I'm in that let me down, terribly down. I was told I would have near zero chance to get department funding, and I feel victimized. I understand what the situation is, but I did my best, and my best is in the front running of the cohort, even with senior students. I don't understand why they can't help my scenario but I would not blame them. If people only took what they need, then there would be no strife in the world. That is idealistic. Unfortunately, I feel that my hard work is not rewarded.

What makes things worse is the fact my apartment mate is not a kind one. Good on the outside, a whole new chapter on the inside. Anyway, he did not have late parties this week, so I'll just skip him for this week.

Ball game wise, Everton made a big stride. A bit too big in my perspective. They signed AJ for a rumored 8 million pounds and possibly Joleon Lescott for another 5.5 million. That is a big spending on 2 players. Still, if that solves everything that we need to reach Champions League, then its good, but 14 million for 2 players outside the EPL is a bit steep.

Anyway, that is a plus point. The other bad point is, Miami won. Detroit is out. I have said earlier that Miami is the only team I fear, and true enough, it happened. With a talented player like Dwayne Wade and a monster center like Shaq, I can only sigh the inability of Detroit to handle these 2 players. Flip, now you should know what I'm talking about. And to add to my previous comments, I am very certain, a player that fits the team is the ageing KG from Minnesota. Scoring and an added defence is the thing Detroit needs. If only we can have the king of Cleveland. Anyway, Dallas is also through, which is the best other matchup we can have other than having Pistons in the finals. This is definitely another mouth watering final. The good thing, I don't have to rush home to catch it. Its in USA!