Sunday, May 21, 2006

26th Week 23

This week is a busy one. I had to run around places and got lost many times. It was ok, I got to learn many things, buy many furniture and see another chapter of the ugly side of Alex. Well, its the same side but my friend confirmed my comments, since I always felt a one-sided comment is not a good argument.

The sad thing is not just my roommate, but also a busted distributor, costing more than 400 US bucks. And on top of that, I get the annoying "ORDER" from my roommate to not bring gasoline into the apartment while I'm trying to fix my car. Anyone with a brain and heart would know that it is an emergency. I would never do things that run a risk of danger if there is a better option. Obviously, there wasn't a better option! The car is my only mode of transport and I need it everyday. So if someone is dying in front of his car, I think he will just run the poor guy dead. The fact that he threw the stuff I used to revive my car out of the apartment obliterates any speck of trust I ever have left for him. In truth, he went out almost everyday to bring friends home for fun and laughter, and the incident occurred with his friends around. Am I supposed to act like a servant? He probably has some very biased extremist tendencies in him. Now, I don't remember any friend of his being an international student, other than his trip to France.

That's not an answer I expect a smart guy going to a prestigious law school. Sometimes, I wonder if he has a human heart. That is VERY a firm impression of mine. His parents came over during the week and was discussing about law school. Unfortunately, I don't have any expectation of him being a good lawyer or politician. Any benefit for society from him would definitely be a bonus to life. I respect his parents and love their maturity towards a foreigner like myself, and I feel sad that their son made such a bad impression on me. I currently have no expectation of useful person coming out from that. I have always maintained an idealistic view that education is the "true" way to resolve violence, but unfortunately, that will never be realized, although it can be maximized, but not with such people running around with power.

Anyway, I feel that I have every right to criticize him since I have always played my part as a good roommate while he has utterly failed to help a newcomer to the area. To add to that, he would rather spend money on pleasure than use electricity to warm the environment during the cold days tells you how much other lives mean to him. Someone new to the area definitely needs more time, effort and help to adjust to the surrounding, and a roommate that sits comfortably without offering any help is definitely a bad person, and I'm refraining to use any worse metaphors. Like the quote from
Aristotle, "Misfortune shows those who are not really friends", I have seen who the demons were in this area, and, intelligence or leadership is definitely not a constituting factor. There is another phrase I like from Aristotle, "Those who excel in virtue have the best right of all to rebel, but then they are of all men the least inclined to do so". Very true indeed, although I can't put it in a much better form of words before.
Anyway, my car managed to survive the trip to the mechanic, which is also known to be a very good one. Saturday is another busy day for me. I got three furniture at the cost of 35 bucks, excluding the treat I gave Justin for providing such great help. He ran the truck for me and helped me with my furniture. Even with the treat, I think I still owe him something, so I gave him some gas money. He's a bit different, but I won't follow others in calling him wierd. I used to be an outcast myself when I'm young, and it isn't associated with anything bad. His health is poor, which complicates things as well, but I think he's a nice person. Plus, he knows how to respect people. The added incentive, he is also from a rural area, like me. At least I was from a rural area till the age of six, so I can understand a bit of the way he does things.

I met a lot of pretty girls this week. All untouchable, which is rather sad. Either they are married, or they are attached. Anyway, it was a hectic week which doesn't add to my cause for flower gazing. And I got lost on a lot of my trips, which is very bad, and the ultimate bad thing is that I'm dead tired after my driving. The mileage seems pretty low for the distance I traveled, but anyway, I can't judge its performance with one week. I'll start my regular maintenance sequence soon, minus the car body part. Short of cash. A good engine is better than a beautiful car body. The vanity part will be earmarked for the next year.

Detroit actually took an entire seven games to beat Cleveland, which gives Miami the edge in fatigue. I would say that form wise, Heat is also in front since the Pistons have stuttered since the first defeat against the Cavaliers. Still, I'm confident the season is far from over, at least until the NBA Championship round. Their tiresome week is so much a parallel to the week I had. Kind of fun actually, if my roommate was not in the equation. The most
thirst quenching fruit is that from hard work, with or without talent, and I'm currently enjoying some fruits of my hard work. Although I feel under rewarded, but still, its better than nothing. Pistons will enjoy that with another fourteen games, although it would be good if they can end their next two opponents in less games.