Sunday, March 26, 2006

26th Week 15

This week is another quiet week. Well, almost. Continuing from last week's D-Day, I decided to speak to my graduate director again. I had a medical appointment and then was on my way back to my department. Its probably time I "kill off" some nuisance parameters. Then, a call came. I sort of knew who would try to call me and well, I got it. It was actually pretty predictable as my friend really put in a good word for me. In my case, I'm really fortunate that it went real smoothly. That made me decide to bestow pardon on the "death roll" for the time being.

That pretty much summed everything up. I was very happy, so much so that I pretty much didn't do anything. I needed to slog for my homework before the deadline. That is so "no me". I managed to get everything done of course, but I was pretty annoyed that I needed so much time for it. Still, the "feel good" feeling is back. Although I can't say that I'm on the up, but I am pretty confident to start getting things done. I kind of hated it when meet problems that are unsolvable, so being able to get my "feel good" feeling back is more important to me than my grades. I'm even starting to plan beyond my Masters years, which of course is up in the air still.

Carl tried to find out whether I got the job, but I felt that telling him anything about the job is not good, since I felt the amount of team play he can contribute is bare minimum, really bare. In terms of academic work, maybe he's good, but he's still too rough in other aspects to make a good cut into the workforce, and he'll be learning things the hard way. At mid twenties, there is no time for any of us to look back.

I pretty much had little to worry about except not having the correct clothes for any form of formal work. Anyway, that is not the primary concern. The most immediate one is perhaps a car, and Emily sold hers before we even test drove it. I probably could have bought it but due to the SSN issue that haunted me for more than six months, I pretty much have to let it pass. How I wish I can bring the army three tonner here to drive. Or even better, a five ton skid tanker. No worriy for lack of fuel!

The weekend pretty much stinks. Everton lost the big Merseyside derby and Detroit lost at home. For thos who aren't familiar with the idea of derbies in soccer, think Celtics versus Lakers in the Magic Johnson era. Also, it can get far worse than a bad match between us and UNC. The good thing is that I pretty much have all my stuff done by Sunday, so good weekend for homework, bad for sports. I saw a flyer for soccer teams. Maybe I could play a bit as well. Free food...a good incentive