Sunday, February 19, 2006

26th Week 10

After weeks of blogging out my moods, I received a comment and snapped. I admitted for the first time that I sort of gone through a depression. Although a particularly disturbing student should not be blamed for this, but I think that student has worked a presence into my head and should take partial "credit" for bringing me to a new low. Well, not a "blame game" session, just some intangible dynamics of life, even if it was not intentional.

Anyway, I spent my first "post depression" week quite effectively. I realised that I'm miles behind the entire cohort because of my depression. Perhaps there is a conspiracy somewhere, since I'm not getting funding and my path towards it seems impassable. Well, since this is a zero depreciation week in terms of my mood and confidence, I took time to contemplate what my graduate directors said in terms of future plans. One thing that sounded very logical for now...and the plan is a secret, well, at least to most who don't know my overall situation.

The week opened up after ShuMing commented about a few things I forgotten during my depression. Well, it was helped by a generous advice session by one of the seniors. It probably won't help me much, but at least I broke some of the bonds that bound me for the start of the semester. I definitely hope the upward spark will come soon, but I notice my Pistons are losing steam as I pulled the plug on my leaking gas. No relationship really, but at least I sort of woke up from a very nasty nightmare that snapped me a few times.

Saturday, I relived my little "driving instructor" habit, commenting on HuiPing's driving as we went shopping. Of course, she was pretty good to begin with but with typical localdriving habits more dangerous than the ones we get in Singapore, I'm sure I'm safer in terms of mileage. Well, she'll be taking her test soon but frankly, I can't judge much. Tests does not mean a driver really can drive, just that they know something about driving. I definitely know of people who did so well in terms of driving during lessons even with heavy vehicles on heavy traffic only to fail on test days.

On Sunday, its Pistons versus West, oops, no East versus West. The game bored me silly in the first two quarters, and I can't believe I can't vote Pistons players as MVP. What a bore! Well, at least I know what Pistons need in terms of making their team fully rounded. One King James and One Shaq. Of course, they are probably out of Pistons' reach in terms of trade and they represent that Tayshaun and Big Ben might be down the roster, which is not really worthwhile. But, they should head towards finding players of that category if not in full calibre to at least fill the bench. Hopefully we could fill that up with a good first round draft, or a quick snap trade. Anyway, its NBA all week, since Everton is having holiday and "eat-snake" session, erm training, in Miami. Why not come to Raleigh?