Sunday, January 22, 2006

26th Week 6

Unknowingly, I spent week 2 of the semester not knowing what to do. Currently, I'm feeling the heat of taking too many courses. I am swamped with homework and I sincerely don't know what to do about it. Probably I need to burn some nights to clear all of them, since I don't know what course to drop yet. Sigh...

This week is rather hectic. East to west and back, and worst of all, I get the feeling that all the available employment are already taken up! Doubly upset. I remember my graduate director telling me that I should be prepared to go 2 years without funding since even funded students will go all out to get funding opportunities and work too. Doubly sigh.

Anyway, back home, things are going not so well too. My apartment's utility fees are not paid due to my roommate's long holiday. Anyway, I won't get any credit even if I paid for it. Triply sigh.

For the quadruply sigh factor, it is the apartment issue that I might need to face come May and July. Firstly, no response from anyone from my cohort, which is expected. Second, there is one friend that I met that sound interested, but her interest dropped along the way. Why is everything like this? I can forsee the end of my optimism.

There are a few "yay" factors, though not many. In fact, only two. Friday, there was a chilli party. Saturday, there was a Chinese feast outing. The first is more memorable since I asked Stephanie if she could drive me there. I usually expected a downturn but it turned out that she agreed. Not bad for a change. I never had a lot of luck for females. Anyway, that was the only other unexpected change for a predictable week. Only Everton's win was the other. I woke up to see that Everton beat Arsenal. Thats good, since we are now pretty safe, though not safe enough. Anyway, time to sleep, still got lots of homework.