Sunday, January 15, 2006

26th Week 5

A new school term, a new semester of hope. And a new semester for pitfalls. I've started the week with five courses and nearly ended with eigth courses. Of course I can't take all of them, but the itch is there. Worst of all, I can't decide which not to take and I have to make my decision by Friday! What a bummer!

This week is a fairly trivial week, with Kimberley organising a trip on the 23rd. Its a ice hockey game. I don't really understand the game, but its sounds good to go, except I might have a class at 8.30am the next morning. Its ok with me actually, but I'm thinking of another thing...Anyway, that's not a big one. I'm waiting to see who goes. A crowd makes an outing better.

I met up with my mentor, which was an interesting meeting. I felt kind of out of place then, since I need a job in a form of internship but I'm too shy to ask for it. I don't want things to be always about those areas, but they are the things that are really tying me down. I had a minor argument over the internet with my siblings again. This money issue is getting on my nerves...

Wook looked for me near the end of the week and he gave me some advice. I'm happy he's concerned but I look at my scenario and there doesn't seem to be many options. I might fall back to a four course option, since I have space to do so. I'm really itching to add Butch's class, but by Friday, I stuck to the original five classes since its easy for me to swap out of those. I got no credits nor time to spare...sigh

I spent my Saturday and Sunday doing some remedial sleeping. I guess I overloaded myself a bit. I ended up sleeping when my parents are awake and vice versa. Not a good way. I'll probably look for my lecturers again, at least to sort out my course schedule. Oh, I actually wanted to spend the weekend doing some application stuff but ended up doing nothing, not even homework. Now, I'm slightly behind schedule, my schedule.

Things are not going right for the moment, in fact for the past semester, and I think I'm getting really angry about it. So far, I've tried all ways to make things work and it seems nothing I do is appreciated. I've been jobless before, but this is ridiculous. I don't even have a SSN despite studying hard and paying my tuition fees for the two semesters I'm here for so far, and its not in-state fees! I'm just here to study hard and then do research, why are things turing sour for such simple things? The worst part is that I probably can't find support from my home country other than my family. The people here are very nice but the other things that happen to me...I'm speechless for its ambiguity.

Ah shucks. This is what happens to me when I miss just one small step. One very small step that I missed that could have been had if I'm not misinformed. One very small miss, that was the root to all the torture I've been through.