Sunday, December 18, 2005

26th Week 1

This is my first week of holidays and probably, with no one else left in Raleigh. I'm left with me, my apartment, myself, my short pants and I. Wait. Doesn't link up coherently. Anyway, even my apartment mate is gone. Great. Now, I'm all by myself. The best part. I don't have any plans.

Orlando seems a bit far now, oh, after having featured in my planning board for a while. Little budget. Sigh. The desk is now my top priority. And a chair. And my application papers. I actually have lots to do, but even when I know what I need to do, I just can't get them together. Oh, and a phone. My perfect plan fell through after Cingular required a 500 dollar deposit! I think Cingular should really look at their scheme. How is a student able to pay so much from a shoestring budget? And is a student going to run off without finishing studies just for a phone? I can understand the policy, but going by the book seems a bit out of place here.

Anyway, thanks to Dan, I figured out the phone part. I'm going to get a Go-Phone. Singapore's version is the Hi-Card. I remember the phrase from Nip/Tuck..."You probably won't expect at 24 years old that you have gone backwards at 40 years old". Now, I've gone backwards in terms of the cellphone. Fortunately for me, its not a hard switch. I can imagine worse scenarios, although none of them is considered hard to live with.

The weekend ended like how it started, down and middle, not up. The low feeling still lingers as the better results can't fully outweigh the poorer ones. And despite spending a rather fun time at Vani's place, the entire idea of Everton losing 4-0 is simply a new nightmare altogether.