Sunday, December 11, 2005

26th Week 0

Birthday! And a bad time to celebrate it. I usually go on a lucky streak for a few days and goes into a dip in form after that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Hopes this does not interrupt my plan. I need to convince my graduate director to fund me.

I took three papers and got two back. Not bad for the two of them. I did badly for the third one, my hunch for now. I'm hoping to start on a high and get the funding, but I guess its all up in the air. I hope to do well in my fourth paper. If that goes well, I could relax a bit.

Anyway, not much for this week. I was busy preparing for my birthday and a South East Asian party. I didn't expect so many SEA people here actually, at least not near Raleigh. The party took place in Cary, so I guess its relatively near. I even heard of a trip to Orlando. It will be great if I can tag along. I don't have money to travel so hitching a ride to see places is definitely the only way for me to see places and perhaps get some quick and long snow time.

As for my birthday, Sanjeev actually "sacrifice" Man U for one match. I bet not even Mike says that. A draw was actually above expectation, so I didn't think too much of it. I actually have other ideas for the day. A big chocolate cake, which is ok except for the toppings. Big regret! Coconut with chocolate?! Anyway, that didn't ruin my night time desert of a big ice cream special! I had some fried rice from Alex before that and best of all, some Malay food left from the party from the previous day for lunch. Now, to see if my birthday jinx continues, and worst of all, it comes on my last paper, the one I need most concentration on...