Sunday, December 04, 2005

25th Week 51

Exam preparation week. Now, if I haven't forgotten. Singaporeans are best when it comes to exam situations. My foot! At least that does not apply to the atypical Singapore dude in NC, USA here! I'm too lazy for that! And I really hate to keep up with my "kiasu" syndrome. Bad for health.

Well, this week really is a slack week for me. Even with homework pressing, I played games, loitered aimlessly, eyed girls, dressed a christmas tree, hung on to my bed, watch cartoons, touched up small details on my statistics website. Man, I think I did more activities than the entire cohort added together. If only I have spare cash for a car and transport. I'm sure I'll be even more productive in more areas. Anyway, I haven't included the parting seminar of one of my department's famous lecturer, and then hanging out till late on Friday night. I did have to rush my helpsheet for my Regression exams on Sunday.

I did do some useful academic stuff. I went for a review session! Thats because Luciano took me there. At least, I got some boulder out of the way for the course. I'm still feeling jittery about the course despite having seen most of the course before. In fact, it would have been a stroll in all my courses if I haven't slept through so many class during my undergraduate! Anyway, I'm still sleeping through many of them now. Maybe Melinda is right. It might have to do with my sleeping habit or posture, but unlike science, the Zen factor is out of my head.

Anyway, with or without burden, I'll take the problems head on. At least thats what I'm used to do, even in Singapore. I find having "advantages" during exams is of little learning value, although I must say, some students here are not that much different from the Singapore ones I've seen. Well, I guess that can't be helped. I like to do things my way and win it in the most glorious way. Gung Ho I guess. Too bad reality does not enjoy this.

Reality check, Everton and Detroit Pistons decided to get back into reality and play the way they play best. And winning with it. I'm not too fascinated though, cause its rather overdue. And I'm not winning money for it, and money is a big thing for me now. The key is the exams, and I hate exam systems. I much preferred the research project and presentation stuff. Isn't that what researchers should train on? Anyway, reality check!