Sunday, November 20, 2005

25th Week 49

This week has been a very disappointing week. Noticing that there should be some homework for the last stretch, the lecturers all added their pace towards the coursework. If that is not bad enough, they intend to see out their scheduled homework with a potential of 5 homework due on the last week. Just when I thought I could rest a bit. Anyway, thats life. Rush to wait, wait to rush. It seems like people are similar no matter the culture, only in different perspective.

I got back my "19 Minute" paper, and well, its the score that I needed. I slipped in my previous quiz and needed an improvement just to bolster my GPA. Looks like the "results" only vicious cycle again. Well, at least the people here are not as kiasu as those in Singapore. I guess its the foreigners that are more kiasu here, except for a select few of American students, only a few. Well, not my problem anyway. I just wanted to relax a bit. Managed to look through the hardest homework and have a few questions ready to ask at least. Next stop, the "Regression Sisters". Well, not hinting about anyone but rather, the courses. I used to call my two worst Math courses "Algebra Brothers", so I decided to change the way I call things for a while.

Come to think of it, I did spend some time fooling around. All in one day! I intended to borrow Weldon's camera on Thursday for the International Coffee, but well, Weldon forgot. I didn't mind anyway, cause its a great favour he agreed to lend me a camera. I had tons of tries to borrow my apartment mate's one and never succeeded. So no camera, but I got Sarah to go to the coffee and pastry event with me. And she enjoyed it. I went sightseeing anyway, so I didn't mind anything else.

Later, Weldon passed me the camera before the planned Thanksgiving dinner by Stephanie. The camera and dinner were good, but I planned something more. Taking take pictures of myself and some cute girls to make a postcard, well, to make my buddies Mike and Ken envious of course. Lets just say the Singaporean side of me kicked in, and I backed out. Still I could make a postcard out of the event once I get the group photo. Thats evidence that I'm enjoying life at least. Sigh...so many cute girls, none are for me...(I'm not using millions, cause I'm not expecting myself to be that unlucky)

Anyway, the lowest ebb (copied from Moyes) came on Saturday. First, Everton got hammered, which is so much worse than I expected. I suspected a loss anyway, cause they were too full of themselves to win, but they went one worse, four goals without reply! Thats not bad enough, Detroit Pistons have their winning streak snapped at eight. Well, the loss didn't matter much to me neither, but what was really bad is, yes...the margin! Thirty seven points! Thats probably the total sum of points deficit they accumulated over a few tens of losses over last season! Basically, all my favourite teams lost. The only consolation is that San Antonio Spurs won, which I hope will move on for another seven game NBA final between Spurs and Pistons. Cavaliers seems to be improving fast, point to note. Anyway, I'm tired. Too much turkey meat for the past two weeks...Time to sleep...