Sunday, November 06, 2005

25th Week 47

One more week down and the clock ticks closer to my final examinations. Well, it also means my birthday is coming soon. Who would expect that my progress from a year ago is not that much bigger. Well, I expected it a bit. I probably miscalculated the amount of effort I need to adjust to the local culture. Anyway, thats not a big issue now. I actually spent Friday night with my classmates at an Italian restuarant, which is also one of the most expensive dinner I had so far. The best thing that night is that I on the end with all the girls, while the other end are all the married couples. Not a bad deal for once.

I was finally getting some rest, in fact too much "rest". I ended up playing too much of PC games. Lost my focus quite a bit and now chasing shadows of my homework. Actually, I'm still in front a bit, but I should not let my guard down. I really don't want to lose any more ground on any of my courses. Cut the slack, probably thats the best phrase. Since everything else is bucking up, I probably should dig in a bit more to find that final touch that will send to my courses. Well, come to think of it, I am still struggling in some, and after looking at some of my homework, I confirmed it. So final touches and final makeup efforts. Time to "hug the Buddha's leg", although I'm new to this.

Anyway, I panicked when I looked at my homework again. I should have know this. Incidentally, I made silly mistakes again. Man, this is getting nowhere to where I thought I'll be. I guess I really should work hard in this final stretch. I really am not putting in enough effort yet. Hard work is really hard to me. My lazy bones are starting to feel the strain, and probably my studies have not benefitted from it...Maybe benefitted only "soccer" wise...Everton is winning! And the highlight of the weekend, The Special One lost. Well, I knew he would. The hype around the match is a symbol that he would lose. Still, I hoped he won, I liked him more than Fergie. Sigh...Well, back to school!