Sunday, October 16, 2005

25th Week 44

Another week of tests, and a relatively bad one. My most confident course was shattered into bits when I realised that I'm not doing that well. To top things up, I did much worse for another test. Bad week. They say that people tend to do badly for mid term exams, but I rather believe otherwise. Anyway, thats not the only thing that turns me off. Everything seems to turn me off. I worked rather hard and although it is my worst Statistics topics, but I don't see any of my hard work paying off. Guess I'm still meeting too many "exam smart" people, and I really hate that. Well, I guess I messed up a bit as well.

Anyway, thats just one thing. I'm barely able to smile and lots of people noticed that I'm sad, although I still smiled a lot. Well, felt a bit unfair about things but well, life is fair in that sense and I guess the Lady Luck is still not smiling at me yet. I'm trying to recall, when was the last time I was lucky? Erm, I think there was none. Anyway, I can only work harder and wait till the seeds grow into fruitful rewards. I'm rather angry at the results, but I've not lost my head, and I'm not giving up. Even when people tell me I'm overloaded with courses, I'm still convinced that its manageable. And hopefully, I'm able to prove it. The only area I'm afraid that this will hurt me in is funding. Sigh, guess the I need to change my view on the "generosity" part of education here, although it does have more leeway. "Hardworking" is really a hard trait for me to keep up with, and add that to a thinning pocket.

The only other thing that I even think about is my team, and yes, they are still unable to turn the tables. I don't expect another great escape, so I hope they leave the relegation zone by Christmas. Else, I really have nothing to say, especially that I have no avenue to understand what went wrong. Well, back to work, for the test on Moday. Spent a lot of time playing and partying at my Department Head's place on Saturday night. Oh, not to mention the lack of time after I spent half a day at the local State fair, with a gigantic turkey drumstick on Sundy. Now, time is really precious.