Sunday, September 04, 2005

25th Week 38

Another week gone. Not very exciting actually until Friday came. I went to this seminar about evolutionary genetics, okay, thats what I like to call it, and snap, thats the reason I came to USA. Unfortunately, its in BioInformatics, something I could have tried in Singapore. Still, I'm at least half the distance closer to it than I was back in Singapore. And the variety in the ala carte of courses looks too sumptous to ignore.

I remember that I have to cram many Biological courses in Singapore before I could even consider the same course in Singapore and I get more chances to take it here. Even if I heard Carl, a classmate cum senior, said that he tried unsuccessfully to get in but well, there could be other chances I could take. Can't wait for Monday to come to discuss my new strategy with my "advisor", who unfortunately have been visited by me more than ten times in three weeks already. Luckily, my school life is better than my apartment life by at least a mile, or two.

Wait, Monday is Labor Day, no "u", in USA. Hmm, well, I could do my research first on what I need. I don't suppose there's anything else I could do for this semester. What I could do is to get the best results I could in this semester to make sure things go my way next year. Anyway, I could try to consult some of the senior faculty here and see what information I can pry.

Boring weekend followed, thats because everyone else is going somewhere except me. I did go somewhere but I was disappointed by the turnout of international students at a picnic. Guess they all went to the beach...Still Vani took me to a restuarant for some US fast food. Not that fantastic, cause I'm used to Asian fried food, but still, quite nice. The downside is, unlike Singapore, travelling is so easy, so we could have visited 3-4 places in an hour, and thats definitely not the case here. After food, theres almost no time to go around to see places. I still need to get the pictures Vani took. At least that shows I went somewhere!