Sunday, August 14, 2005

25th Week 35

One week gone, but this week is tough. Not like the first that I've got. Will was busy, and I started to live by my own. Luckily, TuOng was around. I'll bug TuOng till Will is free. Anyway, Will did me a great favor with my room on Monday, so whats really left was for me to familiarise with the area, and TuOng showed me a few neat places that I didn't really think of, although Will did bring me there. I guess I was too panicky to realise that the distance is not that bad, especially with all the buses that go through the area.

School is bustling with orientation, and I met a lot of people who I bugged a lot before I got here. Fortunately, they are really nice. I guess I'll just stick to my area and see how it goes. Everyone is so busy that I actually have to spend the weekend alone. The worst part, no internet. The shower earlier in the week knocked out the one that I was using and I simply just don't know Macintosh enough. Anyway, my apartment mate got it on over the Sunday, so yes, its great to be back online. My offline life is as offline as it gets.

Well, the only thing I was really worried about is my parents. They just never saw me far away from home so they are worried. Couple that with sickess, thats a lot to think about, or too little energy to think. The system seems simpler than in Singapore, although the variety is huge, but I guess the only thing I need to worry for myself is commiting "graduate suicide". Thats the term I invented after I got "astonished reviews" from my graduate director and others about the courses I chose. Ah well, back to the drawing board.