Thursday, March 12, 2009

What should we call our crisis?

Suddenly, people have given up all hope that something right will happen and that will correct the market. Suddenly, there is a market rally. Suddenly, my longs regained some lost ground.

But the question remains...What is the magnitude of our crisis?
  1. Not-A-Depression
  2. Depression-Lite
  3. Depression-Make-2
  4. The-Greater-Depression
  5. Armageddon Lite
  6. World War 3
  7. Apocalypse
I personally coined it number 4 back around March 2008, and it turns out to be heading straight for number 7. Frankly, comparison is difficult and obscure, but all of which sends a bleak outlook for life after the crisis. Deflation. Hyperinflation. You name it, its possible with Bernanke and Geithner. What baffles me is why hard working people of this country have not stood up to the nonsense out there. China and EU have spoken up. Soon, words will become action. I wonder what Volcker would have done...Maybe he is just like Bernanke...Maybe not.

Geither's plan is essentially to use taxpayer's money to totally write off all the bank's debt. Not to mention Bernanke and Paulson had already opened the floodgates. Now, all the money is with the house, so who's left? It is the same as Paulson's TARP. There is one difference though, the administration, and I find it ridiculous that people are lauding it already. Debators need to be more objective like Shedlock, Krugman and Denninger. Even when I don't agree with them all the time, at least I find them objective and straightforward.

Frankly, it is interesting to see how everything goes on here but it is like a horror show with no known ending. I don't mind being part of the show, but what worries me is my family, and I hope more people will realise that the lunatics at in the House, Congress and now, unfortunately, White House, are doing to common folks. When USD is useless because USA does not produce meaningful outputs like food and energy, then the nightmare will start. My main concern so far is the the import/export ratio of necessities are not within self-sufficient levels, so can someone explain to me why we should not be worried if a more self-sufficient country (even if moderately) starts to decline USD?

No comments: