Monday, September 29, 2008

Some garbage I found online

I Googled "Low Thia Kiang" and "email". The first I see is Gopalan Nair. I was trying to email MPs in Singapore to ask about ways to protect my family who are less "equity-trained" than I am. Not to mention I have been burned as well. And I can't imagine I'm stuck with this garbage.

To be frank, if my American friends are thinking this guy is a waste of time, I really think it says a lot. And I'm in the tri-state area, so that tells you a lot that the political philosophy here is further from Singapore, especially on capital punishment and censorship, than Nair is from Pluto.

To be frank, democracy and freedom of speech is all the rave here, but where is democracy in these times of panic? CNBC is labeling Obama with all the less democratic terms and then, Paulson took the country by its nose with the blank check solution. Everyone who ever believed in the idea of a "free market" knows that this is not a "free market", much less a democratic and capitalist system.

I'm sort of relieved that the bill did not pass and put good money after bad money, so that explains that my alignment is not far from the democratic people in USA. They tend not to favor big governments, yes, but many times, the majority might not be right. The only thing they do not see eye to eye with my belief is that censorship is sometimes good and stabilizing. Had they censored CDOs and CDS, probably this mortgage thing would not have hit us that bad.

It really confuses me why people have the time to rage about political system in Singapore when unemployment is 6% in USA. That means the global economy is bad! I'm already disgusted with people "talking and not doing" in good economic times. I must say, I hope Google will remove such bad content from the internet totally.

I'm still working my way out of this mess with a lot of my friends in America. And frankly, I think Worker's Party is what is displayed here. Solve the problem, leave the talkers out of the process. We need good debators, yes, but a debator who can't do any work is as negative as fully pumed tires to a car with a broken engine. I hope people will keep trying to find work and make a living. I really hate the culture of sitting and getting unemployment benefits in USA. I agree to government aid to find jobs, but not government back "big-baby-sitting".

And, I am concerned that I'm seeing racist comments on his blog. I have friends from all avenues of life and racial backgrounds and I can't imagine anyone saying that one blogs. I really implore Google to reveal the identity of these bad people who posts flames like this.

In fact, if Google does that, I think pedophiles will have nowhere to hide. Privacy is a power, can be said to be a right, but a power nonetheless. With greater power comes greater responsibility, and now, a lot of people are abusing it. (It comes with societal evolution, I know Ryan, but sometimes a boundary is needed to prevent people from getting ahead of themselves and hurt others, at least for the time being until a safer alternative is found.) Prevention is better than cure.

My blog may be the least Googled blog on Earth, but if someone reads it and learns something about their life, I'm always ready to hear comments. Of course, with sound reasoning.

No comments: