Saturday, February 09, 2008

Breaking the duck

Everton finally won after a few games of not scoring. The thing is that Everton has also not lost in the EPL yet in 2008. It's interesting to sit in the last Champions League spot but continued success is always better than a one-off season. But anyways, with Capello around, I'm sure people will start to take notice of the quality of the team. It is not formed by big money buys, but it is still Champions League quality. I should have kept a picture of the post I made correctly predicting Everton's entry to Champions League years ago. Not such a good thing though if you knew what happened the year after. I'm sure they made it out well now, so it's going to just be trying to get in rather than worrying about strength in depth.

I'm pretty bored by NFL though. I sort of realised that free-agency is the same as the transfer market in Europe, but the season ended and yet the free-agency thing is still nowhere near. Anyway, that is what I suppose is the bummer part. With clubs in Europe restricted by only the windows, they can still sign pre-contracts if free agency is guaranteed. Looks like I'm going to be bored for a while.

I was measuring the sports calender and it seems I'm in a lull period between June and August after NBA ends and before European football starts, minus the fact that there will be the European Championships. So for this year, probably Mid July to Mid August, assuming I do not pick up watching baseball. Not too bad this time round. Anyway, I do hope the transfer season start soon for NFL. It's always nice to be able to look forward to the next game if not the next team title.

No comments: