Thursday, December 20, 2007

Rolling Sweets

Everton is on a roll. It is probably one of the rare times that Everton can go 10+ games unbeaten. To be frank, I was expecting some tough matches, especially today's match against AZ. Moyes rested Arteta, Cahill, Yobo, Howard and Yakubu. To be fair, the team on field today is not much weaker, though Arteta, Cahill and Yobo do make a big difference together. Howard is getting stable performances due to the defensive cover. He's good to begin with, but he's not super-good. Of course, I am more than happy he is good replacement for Martyn. Yakubu...well, he's good. Difference maker? Not always, but he does make it easier.

Anyway, I always felt Van Gaal is overrated as a coach. He's decent, but not a top tier coach. Of course, managing to score two against Everton is good enough already for an offence. Anyway, Man U next. I better not see my boss, Sean (Man U fan), not my friend, Mike (Man U) fan. Then again, I probably won't watch it either. Probably won't even be up for it... I do think there is a chance to beat Man U. Being on a roll is one thing, playing better football compared to "last time" is different. We actually score more than one goal! Now that is different! Maybe we can score two against Man U. So its either a 1-2 to Everton or 2-2. Top four~ top four~ top four~

No comments: