Thursday, December 06, 2007

Invincibility, the most popular theme

This week is an interesting week. 3 undefeated teams play, 2 lost. The third is an NFL team so it has a different set of dynamics to it. Liverpool lost, which is good news to me since I support the team at Goodison, moving to Kirby. They are not hyped as much, but it would have been interesting to see an undefeated team NOT win the title. Another now-defeated team is Arsenal, but like I said to my MU friends, losing now is worse than losing later for their opponents. Now, they are seeing the side effects of their young team and injuries, so struggling is inevitable. It would have been nice if they could hold on a bit more, but Fabregas has many more years to achieve the improbable again.

The only undefeated team left also brought a pretty interesting proposition. Best offence in NFL, the Patriots really showed they had the stomach for things. They scored more than 30 points even against the best defence. To make things worse is the fact they nearly tripled the amount of points the Steelers allowed on average before the game. But like always, I prefer to ignore the hype. I just hope to watch good games. Even if it is one sided, teams should do their job and entertain with good (American) football, so like I said to my colleague, "I bought Pats' fan items, but I'm not a Pats' fan. But I do hope to see the Pats complete a fairy tale. They play a game I understand." Besides, he will only need to worry about the the general consensus that the undefeated 72 Dolphins played easier schedules. Then again, I won't be surprised is the Pats lose anyway, unbeatable does not exist. If it does happen for more than one season, the sport needs some reflection. To be truthful, if Ravens performed more systematically, I probably would have watched them more. I tend to like teams who base their team on hard work, consistency, and a stomach to beat opponents when the going gets tough. It's fine to lose sometimes, but a never-say-die attitude attracts me more.

The last thing for this post is "WHERE CAN I FIND A VIDEO FOR THE YAKUBU GOALS?" A left, a right and a head. The rarity of the combination really implores me to find out more about the goals. I think he's good, but I'll always be saying that we paid too much for him. Everton is not a spending club, in terms of millions that is, and I hope it will never be. Now, we just need to have more cover for midfield. I wouldn't want to see another goal drought when Cahill and Arteta goes missing again.