Sunday, December 30, 2007

Everything is good except for just one

Today, all my favorite or favored teams played. All except one won. In fact, it is my favorite that lost! Everton lost to my favored champions team Arsenal. I always like Concept Wenger, but today isn't the type of days I liked. The worst part is we probably will miss Arteta through suspension. Well, there you have his flair and flare!

So Arsenal won, and they were in luck. Man U got stunned so they lose top spot. Well, the other teams are not that close. Chelsea is about 2 games, which is about a month of competition behind. Liverpool, nah. They will need at least 2-3 months of work to catch the top 2. It probably is shorter with a good turn of results, but I'm not assuming a twist of fate like 3 losses in a row.

Basketball was fine. Detroit trailed a while before winning at the Pacers. That's the best double win over the Pacers. Not to mention that the Pistons now have a good advantage over them in the division. Celtics will pose a threat though. Or the other way round, since Celtics are incredible at the moment.

Lastly, Patriots. They won. Perfect season and set a new best offense record. Brady got 2 more touchdown passes, new record. Moss and 2 more touchdown receptions, and another new record. It is a good end to their season. Let's hope they fulfill their potential and win the Superbowl. I think it is unfair to say that they need to win the Superbowl to better the 1972 Dolphins, but I can understand the counter example. So I think Patriots should win it to prove it without a shadow of doubt that they deserve it. The mere fact that the Brady contract restructure to get Moss scenario has already won me over.

Well, it will be a boring Sunday, since there are no more games that I'll be particularly interested in. Not even in football...

No comments: