Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Return of the...

This is my first return to Singapore in 2 years. Learnt some, lost some. Things seems the same. Not much have changed. Its not the exponential growth people always talk about after 3 years abroad. For me, its even less. What do you expect? Opposition party constituency. Things did grow, some didn't.

To start though, my flight was delayed about 6 hours in Germany, re-routed to Thailand, delayed another 3 hours, and lost half a day by the time I reached Singapore. I rather this is on the way back to USA though. That wasn't too nice, although I did look for a few friends once I'm back. My friend at the computer store, my buddies, my friends at Reuters and school. Not bad for a self proclaimed loner through school. Of course, visitation is only halfway through. I'm sure more relatives will come along soon. Whatever the case, life seems ok.

Today is my fifth day in Singapore, nothing is up yet, although things do look a bit boring. I'm not the time to do mass visitations. No partying, no drinking. Probably not much else, but some shopping. Most friends aren't free anyway. Work, work and work, to make money, money and more money. Things do get more pragmatic as you grow up, if not materialistic. Fortunately, there are always times where only companionship matters. Friends , family, life.

News is kind of boring as I expected. Not much going on in Singapore. I guess it is a good thing from a pacifist perspective. Anyway, more time with family then. Ja ne.